We at the YWCA of Queens wanted to thank everyone who supported us at our 39th Annual Gala on March 16th. With your help, we raised over $117,000.00! Special thanks to:
- Our honored Keynote Speaker, Mimi Han Vice President of the World YWCA for her inspiring words
- The Korea YWCA United Nations delegation for joining us
- Community Service Awardee, Sung Chang of Dashing Diva for his continued commitment to our community
- Our elected officials and their staff who joined us: Councilmember Peter Koo, Jacqui Hsieh from Congress member Grace Meng’s office, and Joanne Choi from Governor Andrew Cuomo’s office who presented us with a special letter from the Governor
- Christina Love Lee for providing us with beautiful performances and song
- All of our sponsors, donors, and attendees – without your support, this event would not have been possible
- The Y Evergreen Choir, Korean Drum League, and Compass/Explore! Choir for putting on such a magnificent show
- And lastly, our incredible Staff.
If you want to know more about the event, you can read about it from the expert coverage by Korea Central Daily and Korea Times (posted in Korean language only).
We want to continue to share our work with you – please check out our Facebook page for updates and to view our recent video which highlights our programs.
We are so grateful for your support and dedication to our organization. We look forward to seeing you next year for our big 40th Anniversary Gala!
Thank You – The YWCA of Queens
Photos from the event:
Thank you to our Benefactors and Supporters
Please see our full list of supporters here.