Our long-standing ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) program is designed to educate the Queens community, particularly the immigrant population, in the use of the English language. For more than thirty years, we have assisted families in becoming acclimated to life in America by providing free English classes. The program is a place where participants can improve their English proficiency as well as their cultural competence, which are often essential for creating a successful life in the United States. The program also caters to the needs of new immigrants by helping them integrate into their new society through literacy tutoring, civics lessons (citizenship assistance), health literacy classes, and business English (preparation for employment) classes. Working with other organizations and facilities, the ESOL program provides various workshops and informational sessions covering a wide range of topics including financial literacy, health, and immigrant rights to help its adult participants gain the knowledge and skills necessary for long-term success..
Taught by highly qualified and dedicated teachers, ESOL classes are designed to inform students of the rules of the English language, gain understanding of American life and culture, and provide a place to practice and improve communication skills as a community of English language learners. When students enter the ESOL program, our test specialists conduct a free assessment of the student’s English language level before placing them in an appropriate class, ranging from level 0 to level 5/6. These classes are designed to meet the individual needs of the students.
As always, our classes are free of charge.
New Semester Begins:
July 24th ~ December 8th 2017
- 直接來 YWCA of Queens 跟,秘書 留下你的姓名和电话号码
- 打电或留言给 718-353-4553 ext. 26 (拨打718-353-4553，然后按下#26）留下你的姓名和电话号码.
- 分班测试将会在06/12/2017- 06/30/2017进行
영어 수업 신청기간: 05월 15일 2017년 ~ 06월 02일 2017년
- 직접 YWCA of Queens에 오셔서 리셉션니스트와 성함과 전화번호 남겨주세요.
- 아래 표시된 번호로 전화 해 주셔서 메세지로 성함과 전화번호를 남겨 주 세요.
- 718-353-4553 ext. 26
- (먼저 718-353-4553 전화하시고 그 다음 #26을 눌려 주세요)
- 05월 29일 2017년 후에 전화 다시 드리겠습니다.
- 다시 전화 드릴 때에 영어 능력시험 볼 날자를 예약해 드리겠습니다. 시험은 이 기간안에 진행합니다 :
06월 12일 2017년 ~ 06월 30일 2017년.
- 시험기간 안에 시험 볼 수 없으시면 꼭 직원 한태 얘기 해 주세요. 다시 예약해 드리겠습니다.
How to Enroll:
Enrollment Period: 05/15/2017 to 06/02/2017
- Come to the YWCA of Queens and leave the front desk your full name and phone number.
- Call and leave a message with your full name and phone number:
- 718-353-4553 ext. 26
- (Dial 718-353-4553 and then press #26)
- We will return your phone call AFTER 05/29/2017
- Placement Tests will be scheduled for 06/12/2017 ~ 06/30/2017
- Please let us know if you are not available to be tested during that period.
*If spaces are still available we will extend the enrollment period.
Sorry, we are not taking enrollment at this time.
This program is made possible by the generous support of:
- NYC Department of Youth and Community Development
- New York City Mayor’s Office for Adult Education (WANY Class)